The Importance of Our Port
In a post Covid economy, the Port of Vancouver is even more essential to attracting new business and high paying jobs. As an important education and business community partner, the Port must help ensure we have the trained workforce needed by employers looking to locate and expand here.
As we emerge from the pandemic, the Port is uniquely situated with vital industrial and commercial property that must be thoughtfully developed for maximum benefit to tenant partners and the local community, taking into consideration “the economic, financial, environmental and community impacts” outlined in the Port strategic plan.
My extensive experience as a business owner, and proven community leader makes me the best choice to serve as Commissioner. We must assure that the Port takes a leadership role in improving regional multi-modal transportation planning, along with expert maintenance and operation of the important Columbia River channel. This can all be accomplished while preserving our way of life and the natural beauty of the Northwest.
My wife and I have resided in beautiful Clark County for nearly 50 years, where we raised our 5 children. I have a personal interest in seeing that we protect our environment, while serving the economic needs of future generations.
- Precinct Committee Officer
- Washington Association of Health Underwriters, past President. Employee Benefits Insurance broker, forty-five years. President Biggs Insurance Services, ten years.
- B.A. in Business and Mathematics, Yankton College, Yankton, S.D.,
- Graduate Columbia River High School
- Columbia River Economic Development Council, Board Chair 2016 and 2017
- Board of Directors, PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Foundation
- Board of Directors, Forward Edge International
- Greater Clark County Rotary past President and Member 42 years
- Portland Christian Schools, past Board Member and Chair
- Heart of Hope International, Volunteer and past Board Member
- Salmon Creek Soccer Club, 10-year coach
- Jr. Achievement Instructor
- Vancouver Jr. First Citizen 1988